With delivery centers in both the US and India, MCGi can offer a unique service to build effective virtual teams that combine onsite and offshore development services through our cost-effective on-demand service delivery model. Virtual teams are highly cost-effective due to the following advantages:
- Ability to take the work to the people
- Ability to engage resources in multiple shifts that can support round the clock work-days
- Faster time to market
Our process based and metrics-driven methodologies ensure a high degree of transparency. Our onsite presence and ongoing soft skills training programs serve to minimize communication gaps and cultural differences.
What We Do
Traditionally, offshore software development companies have been successful only in long-term multi-year contracts. However, MCGi provides its clients the option of leveraging our global virtual teams for all our services regardless of the duration. We have consistently delivered short (3 to 6 month) to long-term (multi-year) engagements varying from full cycle turn-key projects to existing Application Enhancements (with controlled new version releases) to reengineering projects successfully. All of these projects were carried out through our offshore outsourcing services located across our delivery centers in India, with minimal coordination and governance support from our onsite team in US.
Our "all inclusive" offshore development service rates allow us to minimize the overhead costs per project by spreading them out across multiple engagements. The following overheads are factored into the blended rates we offer for our virtual teams:
- Office infrastructures like redundant connectivity, utilities, workstations, telephones etc.
- Recruitment costs
- HR management costs like payroll overheads and liabilities, employee training, morale and motivation
- Liabilities related to local labor laws
- Typically, we can achieve up to 50% to 70% cost savings with a virtual delivery team as opposed to a typical onsite team based execution.
How We Do
Being an offshore software development company, MCGi typically works in conjunction with client teams to establish the major activities and milestones that will determine project success. The major steps are as follows:
- Define Engagement Model
- Identify activities to be executed by the offshore development services
- Develop detailed work plan with milestones
- Agree on processes and standards to be adopted
- Agree on Signoff and Acceptance protocol
- Setup Project Portal for transparency and governance